Carb Counting (was Re: [IP] zero to DKA in nothin' flat?)

Hi Michael,

Even though I am not on my pump yet (hope it's soon ... waiting on
insurance) I have been carb counting for tighter insulin control for
quite some time.  When I first started counting, my Endo's nurse
recommended a book called "The Complete Book Of Food Counts" by Corinne
T. Netzer (ISBN# 0-440-22110-2).  This book is almost 800 pages of food
counts (including calories, protein grams, carbohydrate grams, fat
grams, cholesterol milligrams, sodium milligrams and fiber grams).
There is information on many generic food items, brand name items and
even restaurant and fast food chains (McDonalds, Arby's, etc.).  The
best part is that the book is paperback and only costs $7.50 US ($9.99
CAN).  I can't think of a better bargain for anyone who needs to count
anything about their meals, especially a DIABETIC!

<< As for carb counting, after a few months you can do it by looking at
the food. You will know everything by heart and so will you daughter. >>

		If your Bible is in good shape ...
		Your life probably isn't!

E-Mail - mailto:email @ redacted

"Sue's Plain Vanilla HomePage"