Re: [IP] Re: Kids 'n Pumps ...

It took me a long time to convince my pedi-endo that Megan deserved a pump. It
was not acceptable that only kids that were not in good control and over 10
got a pump.

There is a big debate (according to my pedi-endo who is at University of Texas
Medical School) in the medical community as to whether you should subject
young children to intensive therapy or not. Since there is no evidence of
complications in children before puberty-should kids be on such a strict
I feel that it is important to teach children at an early age discipline and
self-respect. Without intensive therapy Megan would not appreciate how
important it is to  take care of herself. She has a special problem and she
has to be willing to take charge!

My goal in life for Megan to LOVE HERSELF enough to take care of herself.  The
pump makes all of this that much easier and having a support group such as
this is a huge help to me as a parent!

Thank you so much for all your input!!

Judy C.
send the next two lines in a message