Re: [IP] Swimming Trouble

> Ryan, age 10 loves to swim and we have discovered that his site comes off
> during swimming.  Any ideas to protect the site so the comfort set will not
> not lose the sticky and stay on?
> Thanks,
> Helen

Try applying a layer of IV3000 tape to his skin BEFORE inserting the
comfort set. Then insert the needle through the tape. I don't have any
problems with the IV3000 tape coming off during swimming. (I swim
reasonably intense workouts for about an hour at a time.) And the other
tapes seem to bind better to the IV3000 than to my skin.

Minimed or Disetronic may be able to send you a few free samples of IV3000
if you don't have any -- or your CDE may have some.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted