[IP] short vs full reservoir

Sam, I also posted the same question here a month ago, but did not get much
help.  So I just tried it.  The full reservoir does stick out about an
extra half inch, but I have modified the leather case with a piece of
velcro to allow the tubing to be looped back to the case.  This minimizes
catches of the tubing.  I find the ability to essentially double the amount
of insulin in the pump a bigger advantage than the extra length is a
	I'm not sure why they link changing infusion sets with changing
catheters.  I think this recommendation is a holdover from when there were
no quick disconnects.  With the easy disconnects , it makes more sense to
couple changing reservoirs with changing tubing.  The catheters then can be
changed on their own schedule.

<<<From: Sam Skopp <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] changing reservoirs

Any comments about using the "short reservoir" vs the "full reservoir" method
with the MiniMed? My CDE wants me to use the "short reservoir". From what I've
read in the 507 User Guide, it seems like using this method you are forced to
change the reservoir when you change the infusion set (something about a
priming problem)... but maybe I'm not understanding it correctly. The "full
reservoir" looks like it would be easier to change sets as well as holding
moreinsulin. >>>

Wayne Mitzner
615 N. Wolfe St.
Baltimore, MD 21205