Re: [IP] Re: Kids 'n Pumps was zero to DKA....

I think (please remember I was a kid then though) that originally in the early
'80s, pumps were thought to be best for teenagers -- kids old enough to make
decisions but destined to spend a long time being diabetic.  I don't think they
originally wanted to give them to people diagnosed later in life.  There might
be some literature from the 1980s that addresses this. Autosyringe was the first
pump company and they used to give demos all the time, much like minimed does
now.