Re: [IP] tears and worms...

In a message dated 5/7/98 7:57:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< .Surprisingly, not only don't ped endos advocate Pump therapy, far too
 many aren't even teaching carb counting!!..I still encounter parents at
 Children with Diabetes' website who think their kids can NEVER again have
 anything with sugar in it...

So sad.  Children need to be children and sugar is not poison.  Three cheers
for carbo counting.  Also, the latest dietary guidelines do allow some regular
sugar as long as it is accounted for in the meal plan and there is enough
insulin around to use it up.  We all still have a long way to go to educate as
many people as possible.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted