Subject: [IP] Swimming Trouble

I swim very actively4 or so times per week.  When I started pumping, I
had considerable difficulty with the site working loose.
The solution that I have used with great success is thus:

1)  Prep the site with 3M's No Sting Barrier Film
2)  Apply an IV3000 dressing.  I trim the width of the dressing
(parallel to the long dimension of the dressing) to approximately the
width of the infusion set.  Once I remove the 1st step and apply to my
skin, I trim off the remainder (ie., the part from the separation toward
the "shorter" end).  All this gives me the smallest dressing possible,
which helps keep my irratation level to a minimum.
3)  Wipe another coat of No Sting barrier Film.
4)  Insert the infusion set through the dressing.
5)  Apply 2 strips of 3M Micro Pore surgical tape to the top and bottom
edges.  I tried to apply tape to all 4 edges, but found that the top and
bottom were sufficient.  I make sure that there is at least 3-4 hours
between inserting a set and starting to swim to allow the various
adhesives to "set."

I know this sounds like a lot of effort, but I tried numerous other
schemes without any success.  Because I prefer swimming to other
exercises, for me it is worth it.  I don't know how well it would work
with a 10 year old.

I wear a Distronic pump and leave it connected while I swim.  I stitched
a pocket into the back of my Speedo swimsuit.

If you have any questions, let me know.  Incidently, I get most of the
supplies from EdgePark Pharacutical (1-800-321-0591)

Good luck,

<<Ryan, age 10 loves to swim and we have discovered that his site comes
during swimming.  Any ideas to protect the site so the comfort set will
not lose the sticky and stay on?

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted