Was Re: [IP] zero to DKA in nothin' flat? :Is the pump for everyone?

<< I think many people here don't think any of these things are important.  I
 do have many many positive things to say about the pump!!!!  I just think
 that everyone else will cover those.
 Best of luck,

I very much second Ruth's well put points regarding the pump. Although I
strongly believe that intensive therapy is the best way to go toward lessening
complications etc... the pump IS INTENSIVE THERAPY.

For ME (YMMV) it is easier to have tight control with the pump but it is more
difficult to coast in the middle ground of not so great control. I find that
when I try to coast (as is my nature), I quickly slip into bad control. I
struggle to keep the proper attitude to maintain tight control.

I have also found that I have more fear of hypos. My lows since being on the
pump have been sever and difficult for me to handle. I have needed help on
several occassions. In the 20 years proceding the pump, I had this type of
trouble only 3 times.

Again, I reiterate the pump is the best tool to come along for me in
maintaining the levels I believe will help me to live the healthiest life

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted