Re: [IP] Is this when I need the square wave bolus?

I've had the same problem myself!!! It happens to me if I ever eat pizza,
which I tend not to do because of this problem!  What my CDE, who is also on
the pump, taught me to do is to set the square wave for an hour.  That means
that instead of delivering the insulin in 3 or 4 minutes it will spread out
the bolus delivery for an hour, therefore leaving the insulin in your body
longer to cover the high fat food.  You don't change the bolus amount though.
Good luck!!  I think that through everything I've had to learn about  pumping,
this was the hardest to figure out!!
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted