Re: anemia and new potential pumper (was)[IP] complete software and kidney info

In a message dated 5/6/98 3:07:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< hormone called Epo or eurothron...not sure i have even the pronunciation >>
Erythropoeitin is the name of the hormone in the kidney that assists
production and growth of red blood cells in the bone marrow.  When kidney
function deteriorates, then there is less of this hormone and anemia is the
result. The brand name of this hormone is Epogen and is given by injection to
treat the anemia.
	On another note...I have begun the education process for a very nice lady who
received a kidney transplant and then a pancreas transplant. (Not at the same
time)  Her pancreas failed and had to be removed.  She needs a pump.  I am
asking prayers for her ( from those of you who care to do so) as we begin this
process. Also, I am requesting that you all keep me in your thoughts so that I
can provide the best care for her.  Thanks.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted