[IP] Filling Cartridges

Can you re-use the needle to fill the insulin cartridge?  That needle never gets near your skin (THANK GOD!) and I suppose as long as you clean it with alcohol it would be okay, right?  And can you really re-use the cartridge itself?  Here in Canada those cartridges are $4!!!!! The co. rep said they are coated with something inside and if re-used the plunger will get sticky and result in a possible blockage?  Just wondering, I begin pump therapy on Sunday, I just received the Disetronic.