Re: [IP] changing reservoirs

Sam Skopp wrote:
> Any comments about using the "short reservoir" vs the "full reservoir" method
> with the MiniMed? My CDE wants me to use the "short reservoir". From what I've
> read in the 507 User Guide, it seems like using this method you are forced to
> change the reservoir when you change the infusion set (something about a
> priming problem)... but maybe I'm not understanding it correctly. The "full
> reservoir" looks like it would be easier to change sets as well as holding
> more
> insulin.

I've always used the short syringe method, but that's partly because I don't
want it catching on things when I'm working. Besides that recent experience
has shown that I can't keep Humalog working well in it for more than 2 days
anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Anyway, I change the Humalog every 2 days, and the infusion set every 4. I
just refill another syringe, top off the connector on the hose, then let
the bulge (meniscus) on both connect first as I tip the syringe into it.
Get a loose drop to catch with a tissue, but no air bubbles. Of course
I do this with the infusion se disconnected. Also note, I much prefer the
Comfort/Tenders/Silhouette sets as opposed to the MiniMed QR things, SO much
Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted