[IP] changing reservoirs

In a message dated 98-05-05 19:53:45 EDT, Sam write:

>  My CDE wants me to change the reservoir each time I change infusion sets.
> She says that there is more of risk of infection and other site irritation
>  problems if you re-use them.

Sounds like your CDE has stock in the reservoir company.  I have reused the
syringes at least three times, sometimes 4 times for almost 4 years and have
never had a problem, except one when the o-rings slipped off the plunger.  I
am pretty careful when I reattach the needle to re-fill it - I don't leave the
needles laying around exposed, but don't alcohol wipe them either.  I also
have never used alcohol wipes on the lid of the bottle.

As always of couse, YMMV

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted