Re: [IP] zero to DKA in nothin' flat?

Last week Darren had a bad site.  We had to put it in at 9 p.m. due to
circumstances out of our control.  He was 600 by 5 a.m.  He had large ketones
and I was panicked.  However, thanks to reading all of the posts here
everyday, we were right on top of things.  It took us until 11:30 a.m. to get
back down to 130, but we avoided a trip to the E.R.  That instance also
convinced our endo to prescribe us H, which up until that time, they would not
give us.  So, yes DKA can happen very fast, but when you are right on top of
it, it can also be corrected very fast.  This is not a reason to not have a
pump, since DKA can also happen quite fast if you miss a night time shot....
Good luck,
Liz (Darren's mom  age 13 1/2, dxd 1/95, started pumping 1/98 MM507)
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted