[IP] Re: Implantable pump

> I think the bottom line is that there is *not* a single solution that will
> work equally for all of us. The implantable pump is a good example. MiniMed
> states that the pump is not suitable for young children, due to its weight

It's not the weight, it is the size. There just isn't enough room in a
small child for the internal pump, it is kinda big (much bigger than a

> when filled with insulin. I also wonder how suitable it would be for someone
> who has other internal devices - a pacemaker, for example.
The pace maker goes under the skin on the upper chest (usually) while
the internal pump is implanted in the abdominal cavity.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted