[IP] Millenium bug

Does anyone here have any authoritative information about pumps and the
millenium bug? ie Will any pump models stop working at midnight on 31
December 1999 because they only handle the last 2 digits of the year?
It's a nasty thought. There could be a lot of DKA on New Years Day.

My Minimed507 doesn't hold the date, just the day of the week, so
presumably this isn't an issue. But I know nothing about the Disetronic.
Do any of the older models hold the full date?

My GP and some colleagues are publishing a book on medical equipment and
the millenium bug. He had heard a rumour that some infusion pumps do
fail at the turn of the century.

And then of course there are the blood glucose meters that hold the

mailto:email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted