Re: [IP] Re:Wasted insulin

<< would it be
 possible for you to "pre-draw" Kayla's insulin on a daily basis?  Thus
 allowing her shots to come to room temperature, but keeping the bottles in
 frig?? Or are the amounts of her doses too variable?  Another thing you might
 try would be to gently warm the insulin bottles by holding them in LUKEWARM
 water for a minute or so.  This would take the chill off.  >>

Her sliding scale is so variable that we can't "pre-draw" right now.  She's
going to start pumping before we switch to a new bottle, otherwise I would try
your LUKEWARM suggestion.  Once she starts pumping (June 2nd) we can leave the
H in the fridge again and get another week or two out of it.  Since we'll be
using just H we'll be using more than we do now with MDI.  But she's only
taking a maximum total daily dose of 15 units now, and that total will go down
once she starts pumping.  I still see us throwing away over half a bottle.
There ought to be an economical solution to this problem, but I don't know
what it is.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted