Re: [IP] Insulin Nixed

Ya...and did you know they are trying to make it so we have to have a
prescription to get all of our insulin because athletes are abusing
it..ps how come it doesn't give ME awesome muscles?....michelle
On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 19:59:15 EDT JLubenow <email @ redacted> writes:
>Just thought everyone would like to know that we can still be Olympic
>email @ redacted
>Insulin Nixed Except for Diabetics
>.c The Associated Press
> SYDNEY, Australia (AP) - Insulin was added to the list of banned
>by the IOC today, except when the medication is used by diabetics.
>In a healthy person, insulin, a hormone produced by cells in the
>allows the body to use the sugar derived from food.
>It is used by diabetics to help counteract the illness.
>IOC medical commission chairman Prince Alexandre de Merode said
>athletes can
>gain muscle mass by injecting insulin, and misuse can result in
>adverse health
>effects, including death.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted