Re[IP] Price of Humalog(ONLY GOOD FOR A MONTH?)

Kaseyfs wrote:

I agree about the price of Humalog being too high.  I an curious about one
thing and hope to get more data from this great group.  How many of you DO NOT
use a full bottle of insulin (any kind) within a 30 day time period?  I know,
I know, some people use the same bottle for several months with no problem.
However, Lily's stand is "Humalog stays good for 28 days regardless of
refrigeration".  We don't even go through 1/3 of a bottle in a month!!!  And
yet you can't get insulin in smaller doses.

Just wondering how many others are throwing out half-filled bottles of

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted

Are you saying we should throw away Humalog after a month if not finished with it?  Do Humalog and Reg need to be refrigerated as much as NPH since they are clear?  I'm Wondering about the summer if they need to be kept in a cool pack if left in the car for the day?