J. Richardson wrote:
>  1/ Are most of these pumpers on the pump because of   preganancy and
> wished to stay on because they liked it? (I know a lot of these pumpers
> fall into this category)

Not me! <Grin>
> 2/ Are any of these patients long term Type 1's who began pumping for
> better control and quality of life?

That's me.
> 3/ Is it the cost or lack of knowledge that is preventing more people
> with Diabetes to conider pump therapy?

I got it because I'm a gadget nut at heart, so the technology didn't
bother me, and I want to have the best control to keep my complications
minimized. Cost was covered by my insurer, so I went for it.

> 4/ Why doesnt't my endo. seem to push it? Mind you, if you CHOOSE to
> begin pump therapy she is with you all the way. I don't understand this
> part.I wonder if she realizes how much better life REALLY is on the pump
> for a person living with Diabetes. She is very understanding, so, I
> can't believe she wouldn't realize how great the benefits are.
Reminds me of my endo then. He's the son of my best endo, but had never
trained anybody on a pump before I asked him to get me started. He had
some pumpers under treatment, but they'd moved in from elsewhere with their
pumps already attached. Last I heard, shortly after Humalog came out, he'd
trained 6 or 7 more. He realizes NOW, but didn't know before I got him
started. Gee, I trained his Dad to handle my case in '59, then him in '91!

Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted