Re: [IP] Pumping in the UK!

<<  I also  plan to have a long chat with my
 Endo when I see her next month to find out why there are not more pumpers
 out there. (I don't think it is because of the costs) It just baffles my
 mind. >>

Joanne, I agree with you wholeheartedly.  My 5yo daughter can see the benefits
of pumping, yet my 48yo dad (Type I for 34 years) cannot.  I've tried so many
times to talk to him about pumping, but he's a stubborn @#$%^&.  His rationale
is that he's not had any complications from diabetes and has done just fine
with two shots a day.  Why fix what ain't broken?  Never mind the fact that he
did have mild retinopathy about 10 years back requiring laser treatment
several times.  Never mind that he still has severe nocturnal hypos resulting
in seizures or coma at least once a month.  Never mind that he smokes
(although he's trying to quit).  Never mind that he only checks his BG twice a
day.  Never mind that he eats what and when he wants without any regard to his
diabetes (but he's not overweight; I'll give him credit for that)........  And
to beat it all, HE'S A DOCTOR!!!!!

Sorry that this turned into a venting diatribe.  But I'm with ya on not
understanding why many diabetics choose not to improve their quality of life.
Reminds me of the ostrich.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted