[IPn] About your pledge drive

Greetings Pumpers and Friends,

A big Thank You to those of you that helped finish the match for
California's challenge. We can now move on to the BIG (and final)
challenge of the pledge drive, though it is always a challenge to
raise operating funds for Insulin Pumpers.

We're well past the midpoint of the  Winter pledge drive and we now
must complete the match of the BIG challenge (thanks to a member from
Maryland). These funds will help cover expenses for the first quarter
of 2019, the months of January, February, and March. Just like the
public radio funding drives, I dislike fund raising, it is intrusive
and annoying. Unfortunately, it is necessary and must be done.

Who should donate??
If you are financially able, subscribe to the mail list, and feel it
contributes to your well being, the management of your diabetes or
helps you solve problems that come up, then you should contribute to
the support of the forum. There are thousands of members now and a
small annual contribution from each would easily provide our funding
needs. Unfortunately, not everyone contributes so the few who do
support the many who do not.

Why should you contribute??
Insulin Pumpers is a non-profit organization that "gives away" its
services. The services still must be paid for. Simple things like
rent, utilities and so on.... People with diabetes are at times
isolated from the rest of society either by happenstance or simply
because they are different. This can make a person feel lonely and
depressed. Forums like Insulin Pumpers provide a 'home' and sense of
community where everyone shares similar concerns and can find a
friend or a helping hand any time 24 hours a day. This is a valuable
resource that deserves your support so that all may benefit.

Who supports the forum now??
The majority of funding come from the forum members. With an
occasional contribution from a few marketing firms that like to ask
you questions or do studies.

How to contribute.
You can make a one time donation to help match this challenge. You
can provide a sustaining donation by making a monthly pledge of $10
or $20 per month. This type of gift is very helpful because it
provides a reliable steady income that we can count on.

Help us with the BIG challenge from Maryland. There's $500 worth of
pledges that they will match. Your $25 dollar donation will be worth
$50 with Maryland's matching funds. The ENTIRE first year of any new
sustaining membership will be matched by Maryland. Your $5 a month
donation could be worth $120 dollars to Insulin Pumpers. Please
consider a sustaining donation to help carry Insulin Pumpers forward
into the future.

Where to Contribute.
To accept Maryland's BIG challenge or make a sustaining
contribution, visit:

    http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate/
or

OR, mail your contribution to: