[IP] Insulin Prescription - what it needs & transfer Rx

I am going to see a new doc tomorrow and need a new Rx for humalog.
Usually I end up going to the pharmacy, and they need more info, such as
total
daily use even if the units varies each day.
Does anyone have a template for what a complete prescription should specify?
This is not for medicare or medicaid.

On a little different note, a neighbor told me they had a Novolog Rx
transferred from Walmart to Sams Club, and the pharmacist told him Medicare
will not pay
for a transferred prescription that gets billed to Part B. I'm thinking
that is ridiculous, and the pharmacy has no idea what they are doing - am I
right or wrong?