[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #1524

Why not look at both sides and herebs a contrary view:
 For basal rates, to be sure, only with a pump can you vary the rate throughout
day and night.
 The great advantage I find with injections is that you know youbre getting
what you intend to deliver.
 With the pump, Ibve sometimes experienced high blood sugars, usually due to a
kinked canula - meaning I havenbt had a drop of insulin. It can take a couple
of hours to establish that before you go to the trouble of removing the infusion
set and starting over again with new set. I believe that scar tissue can also
interfere with the amount of insulin you absorb into your bloodstream, though in
my case itbs been the kinked canulas. Others donbt like having devices
attached to them.

 Ibm not adept at injecting, so a pump is much more effective in general for
me. Especially since I can crank down the basal when Ibm going low, and donbt
have to eat at night after brushing my teeth!

Pumps can be more precise and handy, but therebs room for both, imho.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone