RE: [IP] Tandem, Dexcom & Medicare

I am under Medicare and just ordered a new t:slim x2 insulin pump as the one
Ibm using will be out of warrantee soon.  I called this number1-858-346-7305
and asked about getting a newer pump as the one I have will be out of
warrantee soon.  The person I spoke to was more than accommodating to help me
and sent me in email an Patient Information / AOB to fill out.  Sounds like it
wonbt be a problem to get oneb& happy day!  (My CGM is covered by Medicare
already and am so happy for that as we had been paying for the Dexcom for
years ourselves and just couldnbt afford it any more until this.)

Sent from Lola's Mail for Windows 10

Subject: [IP] Tandem, Dexcom & Medicare

Let me start by saying my current pump supplies (from Medtronic) are covered
by Medicare Part B. My pump is out of warranty and I'm seriously considering
a Tandem t:slim X2 pump. Since Medicare also covers the Dexcom CGM, I'm also
thinking about starting that monitoring system as well. With this as
background, here are my questions. First, can I buy my supplies directly
from Tandem & Dexcom, or will Medicare make me buy from one of the national
supply houses? Second, how receptive & accommodating is the Customer Service
staff at Tandem & Dexcom when Medicare is the payer? Are they as onerous to
deal with as Medtronic?

Ken
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)