Re: [IP] Dexcom and Extended Exercise

Ibve used the Dexcom G4 and G5 extensively with extended exercise - cycling
and curling specifically.

Rides typically last 1 B= - 4 hours, anywhere from 15 - 50 miles, intensity
varies. During the spring, summer, fall I ride 3 - 5 times a week. Curling
(if you watched the Olympics this winter) is a vigorous sport, with games
lasting approximately 2 hours, sometimes a bit longer. Curling is my go to
fall / winter sport. I also ride my bike on a stationary trainer indoors
during the winter, but for much shorter duration - typically 30 mins to one
hour.

My G5 is very accurate (during rides I carry my meter as backup) with very
little variance from my BG meter. I rely on it.

Through the years Ibve learned via btrial and errorb that vigorous
exercise
can sometimes / often(?) mask my symptoms of low and high BG - therefore I
rely on the tech I wear to warn me of lows and highs. Ibm able to view the
trend data afterwards to help me plan for future activities.

I wouldnbt be without my G5 CGM for exercise.
--
Bob Burnett
Type 1 for 61 years

On March 7, 2018 at 12:58:22 PM, irving perlman (