[IP] Dexcom and Extended Exercise

 Last summer I began training for a half marathon. While doing so I was wearing
my Dexcom which I have been using for several years. What I discovered was that
it would consistently give me inaccurate results when I ran beyond 5 miles. What
it does is report severe low readings even though I confirmed with finger prick
blood glucose test that I was not. During a long run I will intake glucose
however the Dexcom consistently will provide false severe lows. I have used the
sensor in my abdomen (my typical location) along with my upper arm. Results are
the same.

 Upon contacting Dexcom support I was very surprised in that they report that
they have not done any testing with the unit for extended exercise.
Interestingly I find many athletes on their site reporting using Dexcom.

 Has anyone had any experience in their individual performance of their Dexcom
in conjunction with long distance running or extended exercise ?

Thank you.

-David