Re: [IP] Disgusted with Medtronic

I went through the same exact thing at the end of last year and I am not on
Medicare.

My issue was due to some health issues My insulin usage was up for about 2
months so therefore went through supplies a bit faster than usual.  I was
actually within the time limit of ordering supplies that my Insurance company
allows and still went around in hoops.

The procedure is usually in this situation is for Medtronic to contact your
insurance company, Medicare or otherwise and request an exception. I would
expect most insurance companies would approve the exception based on the type
of supplies it is.

I had to explain to many Medtronic reps & supervisors that Insulin is not a
static drug and the amount changes constantly based on Blood Sugar, etc...
Minimed used to higher nurses who actually used the pump and that seems like a
thing of the past and I agree that their customer service has gone way down. I
do like there products though.

What Medtronic wanted to do was get a whole.e new prescription from my doctors
office which was ludicrous based on the issue.

Eventually I got the supplies but I cam dangerously close to running out.

In the past I have used 3rd party medical supply companies to purchase my pump
supples and am considering to do that again, but of course that can open up a
whole new set of challenges.