 Check out YouTube. There is a young woman, Danica, who has great demonstration
videos. When I use my upper arm, I remove the guard thing (that thing you also
use to remove the transmitter from the old sensor pad). I also have it so it is
vertical with the clicky thingy (aren't I articulate?) towards the shoulder, and
the other end pointed towards the elbow. That way, I can use gravity to dislodge
the applicator once the sensor is inserted.

 When I use my forearm, I just have someone pjnch where I am going to place it
(I play the cello amongst other things, so my forearms are lean). The same
directional suggestions apply.

YouTube has great demos.