[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #1182

Medtronic will never say this to you because they say to change every 3
days to avoid scar tissue or infections, but I have used a Paradigm pump
for over 20 years. I have always gone 5 to 6 days between sight changes.
Never a single issue. Keep in mind that Medtronic makes much more profit
off of supplies than pumps. Also the DME supplier for my insurance company
charges the plan $2500 for a 3 month supply that costs them $700 from
Medtronic. Supplies are a profit machine for Medtronic and Insurance
companies. In my opinion, you dont need to worry about keeping a sight for
6 days if you have no scar tissue or infections.