Re: [IP] Re: (IP) Medtronic CGM and thighs

I am not sure who posted the original question about sleeping on 90
degree infusions that get "smushed".  I occasionally use my back, the
buttocks and below the bra line.  I sleep on the opposite side of
where the infusion is, so I rotate from one side of the bed to the
other and pretty much stay that way through the night.  It gives my
front a rest for a few weeks.

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 5:07 PM, Pam Brown
<email @ redacted> wrote:
 > You are not the only one with this problem. I have to use the angled
Silhouette
> infusion sets because I rotate from side to side and my back during sleep and
 > Quick Sets get totally smushed into muscle or whatever and don't work. I had
 > switch to my love handles and top of butt some years ago due to overused
abdomen
 > (pumping since 1993). Much trial and error led to the above conclusion about
the
> Quick Sets getting smushed when lying on them. Sils are okay but you need
> someone else to insert them for you in those areas.
 > I tried the new BD FlowSmart Pro-Sets during their trial launch last fall and
 > once I started using the inserter instead of inserting them manually they
worked
> great since they have the additional side port. They are the answer to the
 > smushing problem as you can insert them yourself into your rear areas and
they
 > don't get blocked when you lie on them. I'm anxiously waiting for them to
come
> back onto the market.Pam
>  <I have a question about placing infusion sets on the top part of your butt.
 > Idid try this once or twice, and it worked fine - until I laid down in bed.
I'm