[IP] Re: (IP) 530G

 Richard, that's great that you're getting the 530G, but I want to clarify
whether you're just getting the pump or are also getting the CGMS system. It's
possible that they're now unbundled and that Medicare patients can get the new
pump but without the CGM to go along with it. In that case the threshold suspend
feature wouldn't work. Did they explicitly tell you you're also getting the CGM
and that Medicare is paying for that? If so, that would be truly major news. I
really hope that's the case but I can't help but wonder. Pam
<This morning I called Minimed up and told them that I had to have a 530G pump!
The insulin shut off wouldHave prevented my low. They looked up my records, my
doctors letter of medical necessity was current, and this evening the shipment
order for the 530g appeared on my computer with Thursday as the delivery date.

 This might very well be what we need, a change in policy? I really hope this
will help others in overcoming the problem of no CGM benefits upon reaching age
65 !>