Re: [IP] Sugar Diabetes?

>>>"Sugar Diabetes" is a term I still hear from old uneducated folks.  Don't
ask if they have type 1 or 2, they would not know the difference.  Here on
IP we are pretty savvy and have to put up with this sort of thing all the
time, be patient and educate with simple terms when we can.>>>

This poor uneducated folk was told back in 1950 that I had Sugar Diabetes by
the physician/pediatrician who saved me from the coma. However, Diabetes
Mellitus means - Diabetes (passing through [urine]) Mellitus - honey [aka
sugar]. This is translated to Sugar Diabetes, as opposed to Diabetes
Insipidus. Now maybe some others can use some educating. <grin>

Don't be too hard on us uneducated folk - some of whom have lived with this
malady for 65+ years.. It was common also to say Dia-be-tes rhyming with
yes. I don't know when it became persnickety to say Dia-be-teeees.

Oh, I do know the difference in Type 1 and Type 2 - even wrote some books
about it: Tolerating the Sweet Life, and Living the Sweet Life ~ Alone.

Jan & Bluda II - T-1, 11/5/50, pumping 8/23/83, Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://tinyurl.com/TSL-CLIPbyJan