[IP] 530G

 Today I had an experience that might help other pumpers who are over age 65
that are unable to get the 530G CGM. Possibly,seniors over age 65 can readily
get the latest Medtronic CGM 530G pump with a doctors certificate of medical
necessity. Here's what's happening with me;

 In December 2015 my 523 pump ran out of warranty and I tried to replace it with
the 530g. My Endo even wrote a certificate of necessity yet Medicare refused it
as a replacement for my out of date 523"and I ended up with a brand new 523,
being told that I Would be eligible to upgrade no sooner than twelve months
later in 2017.

 Last night I had a severe low at 3:00 AM and practically choked trying to get I
don't know how many glucose tabs down my throat to get my blood sugar back up.

 This morning I called Minimed up and told them that I had to have a 530G pump!
The insulin shut off wouldHave prevented my low. They looked up my records, my
doctors letter of medical necessity was current, and this evening the shipment
order for the 530g appeared on my computer with Thursday as the delivery date.

 This might very well be what we need, a change in policy? I really hope this
will help others in overcoming the problem of no CGM benefits upon reaching age
65 !
Good luck to all,

Richard