[IP] Site life WAS) Highs and the ER

 There are differing opinions in leaving a set in vs taking it out immediately
(certainly a YMMV issue)
but another variable to consider is the volume of insulin any site can handle

 On sick days, or after a prednisone shot, when insulin doses are double or
triple their usual, my sites seem to quit working sooner?! It's as if a site
can't handle more than X units, That it's not just a length of time/number of
days thing?!

 With my scar tissue in belly sites (below navel) , 150 seems to be the limit,
while above the waist may get closer to the nearly 200 limit of my cartridge

 Beyond the fact that scar tissue/rejection of the cannula happens at some point
close to 3 days?, I'm convinced that 'location, location, location' (real
estate!) is MY most important variable, followed closely by the actual volume of
insulin is more important than the length of time for a site's life.

MichelleS