From: "Edna L Bell" <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 6:19:41 PM
Subject: [IP] Highs and the ER

B Does anyone have highs after changing their site? I am very thin, 78 years
old
and have a hard time finding fat on my body to insert the needle. I use Rapid
D"s. My highs last 5-6 hours before the BS goes down. I usually have to take
corrections much higher than what my pump indicates.

B My next question which just happened this week was that I ended up in the ER
because I had a low that my husband could not help me with because I resisted.
In the ER The nurses let my BS get up to 345 and still did not offer me any
assistance. When I found out where it was I did a correction. I asked why they
did not treat me with insulin and they said they do not use insulin to treat a
high blood sugar level. Instead they insisted that I eat a sandwich and drink
milk. What do you think? Thanks, Edna
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)