[IP] New Dexcom G4 receiver

Last week Dexcom released a new G4 receiver whichreceives data from the
transmitter as usual, but also has bluetooth capabilityto send the data to an
app (Share 2) on the iPhone (or iPod touch 5thgeneration). They are working on
an Android app, no release date yet.B Notethat the Follow app on the iPhone
can then allow up to 5 people to receive the dataalso.B  (This eliminates the
Share device.B  The plan is for the nextG5 transmitter to send the data via
bluetooth to the iPhone app and thussubstitute for the receiver altogether.B
Nice solution for carrying thereceiver.)B Dependingon when your Dexcom
receiver was purchased, the cost of the new G4 receiver canrange from free
(bought in 2015) to an upgrade for $199 to the fullprice.B  B Myreceiver died
October 17, 2014 and I immediately purchased a new one.B  Iam eligible for the
upgrade cost of $199...so it is within 6 months perhaps.
B Ichecked with Dexcom and learned the new G4 receiver is indeed a new
receiver andcomes with a one year warranty.B  They do not want my G4 receiver
purchased inOctober back.B  And this old one continues under its one year
warranty.B Forme this is an opportunity to purchase a new receiver for $199.B
My firstreceiver lived past its one year warranty and I am hoping my current
G4receiver and this new bluetooth G4 receiver will also.B Seewww.dexcom.com
for details.B  You can begin the upgrade process via emailthere, and that is
way faster than trying to call in.B  Their phone lineshave been
swamped.B MaryleDexcom,SpiritB