Re: [IP] Nighttime Bolus & Morning Crash ...

 Signe -- thanks for this. I have often thought the exact same thing as this
blogger. And in my case I think "pooling" is more apt to happen when I am prone,
sleeping. This makes total sense. And I also agree that variances in absorption
are a huge variable that leads to less than optimal control. I've struggled with
loss of sites and infusion site issues for years now. Its why I went to the pod,
which helps but does not totally resolve the issue.

 And the solution described in the blog post makes sense too and it is, in fact,
something I've been doing already to a more limited extent. If I have a high,
and its not coming down, I will inject my Apidra with a syringe and it usually
does the trick. Should I start taking all blouses via syringe now? It may make
sense. The # 1 benefit of the pump is the adjustable basal rate ability combined
with the now not so new quick acting analogues (Humalog, Novolog, Apidra) which
allow us to avoid NPH/Lente. The convenience is the #2 benefit (for me at
least). I don't mind filling a syringe. Maybe I'll try this more, bolusing with
the pump only when I need to do an extended bolus or when I don't have a vial
with me or just too lazy.

Thanks again for the blog post.

Buster in MD

http://asweetlife.org/catherine/blogs/insulin-pumps/the-pump-or-injections-or-both/36733/