RE: [IP] Humalog vs. Novolog

Well, first of all, yes it is possible to have an insulin allergy.B  I assume
most folks dont, but I did and I was able to enter into the Novolog
Compassionate use program back when it was first being offered to US
patients.B  Humalog gives me a terrible allergy problem.B  Because of that, I
would have to insist on being allowed to use Novolog.as for the strips, I am
back to using One Touch for my Ping (and formerly for my Revel pump).My HMO
asks for a prior authorization, and that's all it takes for one full year.I
would never let them get away with telling you what meter you need to use.B
Always let them know that your pump works with a certain meter (if you care
about that) and try to get an authorization approved.Laura in NM