[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #409

Hum. My Glucagon kit is a $20 co-pay, up from $10 last year. I've had kits
for years but have never used one.

My doc heard I was using Smarties to treat a low and was concerned at how
long those will take to bring me up. She suggested a junior-sized juice
box, which acts nearly immediately, since it doesn't have to be chewed or
digested. She said to keep one by my bed, one in the bathroom, one in my
purse, etc. She also recommended standard Glucose tablets, since they're a
measured dose and will deliver glucose fast, like we need it to. Weight
gain from over-treating lows is a big problem for us.
Valerie