[IP] Tips for rafting the Colorado river on a pump

I am fortunate to have been invited on a 10-day rafting trip through the
Grand Canyon this June. I feel both excited and anxious because of the
extra risk involved for a person with Type 1. Has anyone done this trip on
a pump?

My concerns have to do with the heat (100F and up) as well as possible
submersion of my pump and medications. Add to that the strenuous exercise
and lack of control over diet. (All food is provided by the outfitter but
I'm bringing lots of energy bars.) I have a sports guard and a back-up
pump. My endo recommended a back up of lantus and MDI's as well. I bought
evacuation insurance just in case. If you have travelled in this type of
environment and can offer any advice or encouragement, please do so. I need
more confidence!
Thanks.

Kathy McCord
Type 1 for 42 years