[IP] Enlite Sensor Calibration

Hi All,

I've been using the Medtronic CGM and then the Enlite Sensors since they
first came out.  I was originally taught  to only calibrate one or two times
a day, never when there were any arrows.  When I was trained on the Enlite,
I was taught to calibrate two to three times a day and it was ok if there
was one arrow but, not two.
So, I had some Sensor issues last night and I called Medtronic.  I had put
in a new Sensor yesterday.  My 6 hours calibration blood test was 85.  Soon
after calibrating by pump said 112. 10:30pm BS 164 pump said 129. (late
supper)  5:30am awakened by alarm pump said 78 BS said115. 8:30am pump said
168 BS 105.  This is when I called Medtronic.  Unfortunately, I got a person
who READ me all the rules about when and how to calibrate. She asked if I
was laying on the transmitter, were my pants too tight, did I get up and
move around for 15-30minutes to get the fluid moving.  I had actually
calibrated at all the times I had listed.  I know they say not to but, how
will the pump ever know it's wrong if I only calibrate when I am within 20%
of my real blood sugar?  I know they are assuming that 20 minutes later the
readings could match but, not in this case. I tried to explain that this was
an unusual occurance for me.  When I asked her if I should just have decided
to get up at 5am so as to not interfere with my circulation, she said well
thats up to you.  As she was reading me more guidelines she said it could be
possible that you have a faulty sensor on it is in scare tissue or bent.  I
YELLED BINGO.  She finally offered to send me a new sensor.  I knew what her
answer would be but, I asked anyway.  What about just restarting this sensor
and see if it might work?  She said we dont recommend that, it wont
work.Well, I did it anyway, just to see.  Don't know the results yet.  She
also told me that I should be calibrating 4 times a day, Breakfast, Lunch,
Dinner and Bedtime.  Thats what they recommended before I had a CGM and I
still tested 10x a day.
So, my questions are: What do you do if your meter and BS are constantly
off?  Do you calibrate 4 times a day? When you are awakened by an inaccurate
alarm do calibrate and hope it will work or wait and let it wake you up
again or just turn it off?

Sorry, I'm just really frustrated!

Babs Moffett
Diabetic 49 years, Pumping 14 years.