Re: [IP] The joys of retirement episode 1.

I'm jealous, very very jealous.B  I was very active in the pumpers group where
I used to live, have yet to find one on my side of the river here in Pportland
OR. I have a new Endo - cuz we moved, and I am not happy. He changed all of my
pump settings (which were working very well thank you) and has my bg "goal" at
130!B  That is not acceptable - to me that is a post prandial level. And, he
messed with my basals, so I am constantly having to correct, and when getting
up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, my readings are in the
200's!B  Again, I never used to have 200+'s (unless I either forgot to bolos -
which can happen, or was totally off on the carb count). In addition, my
insulin sensitivity factor was change as was my I:C ratio. I had to go along,
there was an impression that the power of the Rx was in his hands and I could
lose my pump (I am paying out of pocket for my CGM) I had a great CDE in my
new city, and then the head of the Endo dept wanted to see me. I have one more
apt with him this month then I am gonna try to get back with the CDE. She
figured out that I knew what I was doing, and the if I wanted labs - and bg's
- to be the same as a person without diabetes, and was willing to make the
effort - why not.B  My A1C's have ben 5.2-5.4 for the past ten years, I have
no idea what it will be this time (A1C draw is next week)
So I am jealous, very very jealous