[IP] insulin questions

I completely fill my resevoir, which last 5 days. I change my site every 3
days.  When its time to put in a new site I insert it straight out of the
package without attaching to the resevoir or pump, take the tubing off and
save it.  I attach the tubing of the resevoir that is still attached to the
pump.  I fill the canula as I would with a new site.  This allows me to use
all the insulin without having to mix old and new.  I'm sure I also save
some insulin by not filling the tubing as often. When my resevoir is empty,
I fill a new one. Then I attach the tubing I had saved.  I go through the
full new resevoir process. I just attach it to the site that was already
started.  I don't use as many resevoirs that way either. I have a little
calender in with my supplies where I record which day I change resevoir,
site and sensor.  It works pretty slick.

Babs Moffett
pumping 14 years, Diabetic49 years