Re: [IP] Post re food poisoning

> When I had food poisoning my blood sugars were in the 20s
> and 30s because I couldn't keep anything down. I had to have
> real soda to help. I had medium ketones due to it being starvation
> ketones. I was sick for a good week and a half with the food
> poisoning and had Kidney issues.

I will reiterate, if your basals are set correctly, you should not be
running low without food. That is the purpose of the basal part of pumping
and they give of 48 different variables (each half hour). The bolus part is
to cover the carbs. It will not be perfect, but more like the pancreas
handles our BGs.

Jan & Muskers- T-1, 11/5/50, pumping 8/23/83, Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://tinyurl.com/BooksByJan   http://tinyurl.com/evolutionofpumps