Re: [IP] insulin questions

> I remember 14 years ago when I first went on insulin I was
> throwing out partial vials because the Dr. said it was only
> good for 28 days once opened, now I'm using the whole
> thing and having to ask for more.

I posted recently that I found an unopened vial of Novolog that has an exp.
date of 11/2011. I am still using it and have hit a 55 BG a couple of times.
I see no deteriation in it whatsoever. YMMV!

Also, regarding an allergy developing to insulin, I used Humalog for 9 years
and suddenly had elevated BGs. Five new vials, 180 tests, 18 new sites with
new reservoirs, etc. would not budge it. I switched to Novolog and it came
down that day. I have been using Novolog now for about 10 years.

Jan & Muskers- T-1, 11/5/50, pumping 8/23/83, Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://tinyurl.com/JansBooks   http://tinyurl.com/evolvingpumps