Re: [IP] RE: Animas calls about bubbles

Barbara,

My daughter has used an Animas pump for the last 11 years along with
various infusion sets including QuickSets and Insets.  She has never
experienced bubbles in the tubing that were not the result of air in the
cartridge from filling it.

She has, however, had what LOOKED like bubbles in her tubing...I presume it
is slight cracking/separation of the outer/inner tubing that causes the
discoloration that looks like air.

Have you tried priming those "bubbles" out to make sure they really are
bubbles? If they don't actually move, they aren't bubbles.  If they do
move, then there is a real issue.

Is there insulin leaking somewhere? Air in means insulin out...

And I've never waited 40 minutes on hold, either....when are you calling>

Morgan
Father to Allie, 13...diagnosed at 2, pumping Animas the entire time...