Re: [IP] RE: bolusing for protein

Very True Mike.  Also, consider that elements of stress factors &  our
daily activities...being at the office of doing chores/sports   workout.  Not
every day produces the same level or result.

In a message dated 3/1/2014 9:44:41 A.M. Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

I used  to smile when people would post that .5 unit would always drop them
points of blood glucose, or y amount of insulin always covered a  particular
meal. There are so many variables affect diabetes from fat eaten  6 hours
before
to stress, weather, activity, viruses and sickness, time of  year etc. We
do the
best we know how and constantly test and adjust. Our  basals are set for the
average day, but not all days are average.
Mike

----- Original Message -----

From: "Susan Lane"  <email @ redacted>
To: "ip" <email @ redacted>
Sent: Saturday, March 1, 2014 10:35:55 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] RE:  bolusing for protein

George, you're saying exactly what I'm saying.  You ate nothing but meat
and your body actually turned some of that into  carbs, because you didn't
eat any carbs with it. Then the fat in the meat  made you insulin resistant
so your basals probably weren't being properly  absorbed either. You know,
George, and everyone out there in IP land, all  of these theories are
probably true, but the frustrating part is that as  diabetics we just never
know what's going to happen. I almost always go a  bit high in the morning
after having fat the day before, but last week I  had a big fat ice cream
(and it wasn't low fat), two scoops, and I woke up  perfect the next day.
So, there you go. Susan