Re: [IP] RE: bolusing for protein

George, you're saying exactly what I'm saying.  You ate nothing but meat
and your body actually turned some of that into carbs, because you didn't
eat any carbs with it.  Then the fat in the meat made you insulin resistant
so your basals probably weren't being properly absorbed either.  You know,
George, and everyone out there in IP land, all of these theories are
probably true, but the frustrating part is that as diabetics we just never
know what's going to happen. I almost always go a bit high in the morning
after having fat the day before, but last week I had a big fat ice cream
(and it wasn't low fat), two scoops, and I woke up perfect the next day.
So, there you go.  Susan