Re: [IP] Dukan diet

I had to fast for 6 hours this past Thursday for an MRI.  That was six
hours of not eating.  I usually don't think much about food and can easily
go six hours without much of anything; maybe a few nuts and some water.
But, because I couldn't eat, all I did was think about food and how hungry
I was.  That is why dieting is so bad for you.  It means deprivation and
we, as humans, don't like to be deprived.  So, keep the word diet out of
your vocabulary and just change the way you eat.  It's a mind game.  Don't
look at eating healthy as torture. Look at it as doing something wonderful
for yourself.  And, if you don't know how to eat healthy, find someone who
does.  Maybe a coworker or a nutritionist.  And don't never eat the junk
foods that you love.  Just don't keep them at home.  Make it a treat for
going out, like to the ice cream parlor once or twice a week.  And
EXERCISE  All you have to do is walk and do some weight bearing exercise.
I eat carbs and a couple of times a week I eat ice cream.  Life is short
and you've got to do what brings you joy, as long as it's in moderation.
It also helps to learn some of the tricks we diabetics need to use to eat
some of these foods.   Susan

https://www.twitter.com/**insulinpumpers<https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers>